[BRLTTY] Another bluetooth failure

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 3 11:26:22 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/03 at 09:03 -0400]

>Here's the -ldebug log for an attempted bluetooth run.
>
>2011-10-03 at 08:25:10.955 initializing braille driver: al -> bluetooth:00:19:0E:09:48:9D
>2011-10-03 at 08:25:10.955 braille driver initialization failed: al -> bluetooth:00:19:0E:09:48:9D

The actual error is missing. :-( A look at the code reveals that there are two
Bluetooth connect errors which aren't being logged. This, although I don't
remember at the moment, is presumably because they can be very common and would
just clutter up a user's regular log. I've now added to the code that these
errors should also be logged if the log level is debug. Please update and give
it another try.

One thing I notice from the two logs quoted above is that, right down to the
millisecond, the timestamps are teh same. This implies that the error, whatever
it is, is immediate. Since Bluetooth operations involving the device wouldn't
likely be that fast, I'm suspecting that the erorr is occurring within the host
before it even attempts to contact the device. The most probable cause for this
would be that the Bluetooth service on the host isn't running (which,
interestingly, is one of the errors which wasn't being logged).

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.