[BRLTTY] the flite speech driver is broken

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 7 00:54:05 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2011/10/06 at 23:25 -0400]

>Attempting to start latest BRLTTY from SVN with the fl speech driver
>produces this:
>
>brltty: /lib/brltty/libbrlttysfl.so: undefined symbol: register_cmu_us_kal
>brltty: cannot load speech driver: /lib/brltty/libbrlttysfl.so
>brltty: speech driver not loadable: fl

The make file for the driver is removing the trailing 16. When I remove that
bit of code then I get an unresolved symbol. I'm assuming, therefore, that this
is a change that Festival Lite has made which isn't backward compatible. Do you
think you might be able to help figure out in which version of Festival Lite
this change was introduced? Perhaps we can use the constants in flite_version.h
to deal with it.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.