[BRLTTY] the flite speech driver is broken

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 7 17:33:23 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2011/10/07 at 13:13 -0400]

>The version installed here is libflite 1.4-release-2.

And I can confirm that 1.2 and 1.3 do it the old way. I guess, therefore, it
changed in 1.4.

>Could the register/unregister symbols be dynamically resolved using
>dlsym() instead?  This way both possibilities could be attempted at run
>time, and the default voice could even be changed with a driver
>parameter using -S instead of being fixed at compile time.

Yes, that could probably be done. I don't want to mess with that before
releasing brltyt-4.3, though. That's still on track for Monday. So, for 4.3, I
think we'll just settle for the default flite voice being changed to kal.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.