[BRLTTY] Bluetooth with Brailliant display (Baum)

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 14 08:29:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> you've defined rfcomm0 in rfcomm.conf, then you can force the entry to take
> effect via the command "rfcomm bind rfcomm0". The entry in rfcomm.conf should
> look like this:
>
>    rfcomm0 {
>       bind yes;
>       device 01:23:45:67:89:AB;

Yep that's what I tried. I just did it manually now rfcomm bind command
from the shell to see what would happen, and basically it binds with no
errors, and then when I attempt to connect via brltty the braille
display beeps to indicate connectivity, and about half a second later
beeps for disconnection. The logs reveal that apparently rfcomm0 isn't a
serial device... Anyway, I'll stick with what works for now like I said,
I don't have heaps of time to mess around with it, but I'll definitely
keep experimenting once I get some more time after my exams.

Thanks very much for your help, a bluetooth connection is very
convenient, no matter the method used to get there:) But like you said
it'd be great to figure out why it didn't seem to work from
brltty.conf...

Cheers,
Dan