[BRLTTY] Next and previous console commands lose position

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 15 11:23:32 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/15 at 10:47 -0400]

>Here you are.

I'm sorry, but I simply can't reproduce your problem. I navigated to positions
in two consoles away from the cursor and then switched back and forth several
times via brltty commands while using your preferences file. The braille
display kept correctly returning to those positions. It didn't move to the
cursor location at all in either console.

>I've tried to persuade it to default saving prefs changes to off but to no
>avail. I think I'll edit the file.

There should be no need for editing. First, enter the menu. Second, set "Save
on Exit" to "No". Third, while still in the menu, save the preferences - on the
BC640 this is done by pressing both right eTouch keys together. This will also
exit the menu, and the altered "Save on Exit" setting will be saved.

>What's "braille sensitivity?" I haven't come across this in the
>preferences menu.

You only see it in the menu if the device you're using supports the feature.
Some braille devices are able to tell the driver where your hands are by
monitoring how much pressure is being applied by your fingers to each of its
braille cells.

>Perhaps I should send a log too. Is -ldebug enough or do you need the
>change to driver.c?

No log is required for this one.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.