[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 26 22:04:50 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2012/04/27 at 02:27 +0200]

>The routing keys should always move the speech cursor and if possible the
>system cursor too.

If the system cursor can't be mvoed to the pressed routing key, should the
speech cursor go to where the system cursor ended up, or should it go to the
pressed routing key anyway?

>Is it possible for me to assign the new functions with different key
>bindings at this time? I prefer the arrow keys, capslock, ctrl and maybe
>shift. Especially the right ctrl key is nice to handle cause its very
>near by the arrow keys.

Yes, that's always possible. I'm guessing you use a different key table than
keypad. Maybe you have defined your own. In any event, all you need to know are
the function names, which you can get from the keypad key table. I've been
renaming them a bit, though, o the fly, which might cause you a bit of grief.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html