[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Mon Apr 30 13:29:27 EDT 2012

Hi Dave,

I like it too, thanks for your hard word. SayFirstChar and SayLastChar
is nice and the cursor routing is perfect too.

Some further suggestions:
1. Please change pitch of the speech output when a capital letter is
under the cursor (both cursors). Pitch could be 30% or 40% higher than
normal.
2. When I delete a char with the backspace key brltty speaks the deleted
char, that's ok. But when I delete the char with the del-key I find it
more intuitive if brltty would speak the next char under the cursor and
not the deleted one.
3. Like Sebastian I also need the speech cursor on the braille display.
4. Sometimes brltty only speeks the difference between two lines. Example:
a test line
a second test line
If "a test line" is the last visible line for example in a text editor
and you move the cursor to the next line, brltty only speaks "second"
instead of "a second test line". If both lines are visible, it works.
You also can test it by reading the keytable text file line by line.
Could you fix this too?

Regards
Eric