[BRLTTY] My startup problems not resolved.

Jos Lemmens jos at jlemmens.nl
Tue Dec 25 15:33:58 EST 2012

Hello Anders,

You have to edit /etc/default/brltty

Mine looks like:

# This is a configuration file for /etc/init.d/brltty; it allows you to
# perform common modifications to the behavior of the brltty daemon
# startup.

# Arguments to pass to BRLTTY
ARGUMENTS="-t de -s al -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -b al"

# If true (or yes) BRLTTY will be started during initramfs execution.
# If you change this setting, you have to run "update-initramfs -u" to have it
# take effect.  If this setting is on, "update-initramfs -u" also needs to be
# run if /etc/brltty.conf gets changed.
START_IN_INITRAMFS=true

# Set RUN_BRLTTY=yes to start brltty at boot time. You may need to
# configure it in /etc/brltty.conf.
RUN_BRLTTY=yes

   Regards,

      Jos.