[BRLTTY] Screen, emacs and cursor routing

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Thu Jan 12 11:01:26 EST 2012

[Dave]
> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2012/01/08 at 22:11 +0100]
>
> >Most of the time, I ssh to a Linux server, either from Windows or from
> >Linux. From there, I connects to a screen session with 'screen -xx'.
> >BRLTTY's cursor routing doesn't work all the time within Emacs.
> >Sometimes the cursor moves a few characters, and then stops. It seems to
> >work more reliable if I first press the end key to go to the end of
> >line, and then press a CR key. Going the other way, from left to a
> >character further to the right, does break, at least many times. Do
> >anyone have a solution for this problem?
>
> This problem should be fixed in the development code.

Thanks a lot. It seems to work on Linux. I tried to compile for
Windows/Cygwin, and got the following errors:

./ctb_translate.c: In function `getContractionTableItem':
./ctb_translate.c:57: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c: In function `getCharacterEntry':
./ctb_translate.c:85: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:89: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:100: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:100: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:101: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:105: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:108: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:109: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:113: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:114: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:115: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:115: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:116: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c:119: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./ctb_translate.c: In function `contractText':
./ctb_translate.c:1158: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete
type
Makefile:520: recipe for target `ctb_translate.o' failed
make]: *** tb_translate.o Error 1
make]: Leaving directory `/home/larbj/tmp/brltty-4.3dev/Programs'
Makefile:57: recipe for target `all' failed
make: *** ll Error 2

Do you know why?

Thank you.

Lars