[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 perkins input

Nicholas Dechman ndechman at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 10:23:42 EDT 2012

Ok, I have my firmware version.  The do not make this easy for sighted people :-D

The firmware menu item reads:

Firmware: 2.10.0 BT 1.20.0 1.4.0

And I have a little more detail about the behavior.  The alva will still generate keyboard input after BrlTTY is started, but it stops generating them as soon as I take control of the device through BrlAPI.  After this, the keyboard events are not captured by BrlTTY, and if I give focus to another application and try to type some characters, the characters no longer appear.

I'm using BrlTTY on windows, in case I forgot to mention that :)

-Nick