[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 perkins input

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 11 10:48:17 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Nicholas Dechman on 2012/07/11 at 07:23 -0700]

>And I have a little more detail about the behavior.  The alva will still generate keyboard input after BrlTTY is started, but it stops generating them as soon as I take control of the device through BrlAPI.  After this, the keyboard events are not captured by BrlTTY, and if I give focus to another application and try to type some characters, the characters no longer appear.

This is an important piece of information. I believe it probably has to do with
your BrlAPI application not ignoring the keyboard key ranges so that they'll
pass through to brltty and be handled as expected. Can you confirm that
keyboard resonse comes back when you release BrlAPI control.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html