[BRLTTY] SPEAK*

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jun 1 09:20:16 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/06/01 at 14:44 +0200]

>Could you add then a MUTE function? E. g. when a phone call comes in and I
>have to type something, I'd like to switch off speech, but want to navigate as
>usual.

I don't see how one could navigate as usual with the speak functions if speech
were muted since they don't drag the braille display. There'd be no way, other
than guessing, for the user to know where he has navigated to.

>Then I would like to suggest, that SPEAK_FIRST_LINE and
>SPEAK_LAST_LINE moves the speech cursor to the first character of the line, what
>do you think?

Yes, that's a good idea. How about the first non-space of the line?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html