[BRLTTY] SAY functions added to laptop key table.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jun 4 09:54:37 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2012/06/03 at 14:01 +0200]

>from assign kpAsterisk Nine
>to: assign kpAsterisk Seven
>cause I can reach the 7 much easier with my index finger than the 9 with the
>ring finger.

My intent was to keep the feel the same as the keypad, so I now have a
question. Should we use the NumLock key on the keypad instead, should the
official laptop key table still use Nine, or should we introduce this feel
incompatibility?

>from: assign kpZero Space
>to: assign kpZero ControlLeft
>is nearer by the tab key.

This one makes a lot of sense. I think, to make it clearer, I'll rename the
variable to "kpAlt", or something like that.

>And I still think that SPEAK_PREV_LINe and SPEAK_NEXT_LINE also should skip
>same text lines if the option in the settings menu is checked (like lnup
>and lndn). Currently it's not possible to skip a large number of blank
>lines with the speak commands.

What about when you really need to mvoe one line at a time?

>At the moment I'am not sure if I will use the tab or capslock key for the
>speak functions. I must test both options a bit longer.

I hope you'll let me know before 4.4 is released. I have one more important
change to make, which is why it hasn't happened yet. I think I'll probably wait
will Wednesday to release 4.4 so that there'll be a bit more time to confirm
issues such as this one.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html