[BRLTTY] It's probably too late, but...

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 13:20:17 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

I was reading the list of changes for 4.4. Now that we have a
continuously updated clock on the status display I wonder if we
shouldn't remove the display-specific bindings for the time
function. Display keys are a scarce resource and to have duplicate
functions using up bindings seems a pity, especially when the
duplicates are manifestly less capable than the thing they're
duplicating. Though incompatible changes are anathema it does seem
like pulling these bindings in the very early stages of this release
might just barely be considered acceptable.

Any reaction?

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll