[BRLTTY] Brltty and the MPD client Ncmpc

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Sun Jun 10 15:02:43 EDT 2012

Hello,

I use MPC (music player daemon) on my server to distribute music in my apartment. To control this
player I use several clients. Now I found the client ncmpc, which uses a
nice interface to browse through my music library and add new songs. But I
have one problem: brltty can't follow the cursor in the displayed lists.
For example The cursor stands on the first item of the playlist, If I move the
cursor down one line, I can play another song but brltty can't follow.

My question is: why does the cursor tracking not work? Is this a brltty
issue or is the application the problem and I should contact the developer
of ncmpc? It's a pity that ncmpc only works in conjunction with a mpd
instance so if you don't use mpd it's difficult for you to test ncmpc. But
maybe someone also organizes his music collection with mpd and can test it.

Thank you
Regards
Eric