[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Furbelow

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 19:55:11 EDT 2012

Hi all,

For multitudinous and fairly obvious reasons, furbelow should not use
the below sign.

But it's a little more complicated than that.

There is a rule in en-us-g2.ctb that states:

always below 23-123

At first I thought I should change always to word, but that breaks
words like belowdecks and belowstairs where the below contraction is
valid. So I changed it to sufword and, having examined my word list
culled from SCOWL, that seems to work properly.

Here are some examples of furbelow from my Web-Braille books:

mov$ away1 draw+ h} musl9 furbel{s ov}
 furbel{s 0 an excell5t sub/itute =
furbel{s40 ,& he gob#d up ! la/ ( 8
elaborate furbel{s >.d h}2 0h} side 0

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll