[BRLTTY] Alva BC680

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 22:23:12 EST 2012

Okay. Tired and stupid, I guess. /smile/

I followed the basic instructions for installing from tarball. So when I
had the extracted file brltty-4.3 in my top directory, I went into that
directory.

I ran sudo ./configure
	sudo make
	sudo make install

The last step failed with the following results:

"cd Programs && make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/brltty-4.3/Programs'
/usr/bin/install -c -d /bin
test -z "/var/run/brltty" || /usr/bin/install -c -d /var/run/brltty
/usr/bin/install: cannot create directory `/var/run/brltty': File exists
make[1]: *** [install-writable-directory] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/brltty-4.3/Programs'
make: *** [install] Error 2"

I don't know if this is any more helpful, but it is what I am getting.

I am still running BRLTTY 4.2. Would that have an effect on installing 4.3?

THanks!

Tami