[BRLTTY] Getting Alva BC680 to work...

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 21:24:55 EST 2012

Dave,

Looking on the bright side, I may not have gone completely stupid... /lol/

Since this is a loaner display, do you happen to know of a way to
downgrade the firmware without making the change permanent?

I could ask the company who owns it, I suppose. Just curious. Especially
since I waited to ask until Friday afternoon... /lol/

I really would like to fully evaluate this Alva for future purchase of
either the BC680 or BC640... Meanwhile, I also have a gzillion pages of
advanced stuff to read that would be easier (in theory) in the loaner
machine than my new used beloved (except for the bleeping wheels!)
PM-40. /smile/

It does have the advantage over the Alva of displaying braille from my
computer, so that's a good thing! /grin/

Thanks again!

Tami