[BRLTTY] Gnome 3 and my braille display

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Mar 14 20:49:06 EDT 2012

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson <jbsn at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Since I started using Gnome 3, my braille display doesn't work
> properly in iceweasel. With the navigation keys on my
> varioconnect32 I can move horizontally but not vertically. Once
> I've tried to move vertically, I can't move horizontally, either.
> I have to use the arrow keys to move vertically.
>
> Any ideas? I'm using Debian.

First, be sure that you're running Orca 3.3.91, not the 3.2.2 version that's
currently in Debian unstable. The 3.3.91 package hasn't been uploaded, but it
isn't hard to upgrade a package and build it, or you could wait for the
upload.

If the problem persists then, it's likely to be an Orca issue rather than a
BRLTTY one, and I would suggest taking a debug log and discussing the issue on
the Orca list.

I have the latest packages installed on my laptop, but I haven't tested them
extensively yet. I should be able to run some tests this afternoon or
tomorrow.