[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:30:06 EDT 2012

Hello, all. I've managed to make baum driver (chosen because of qemu
support) compile in GRUB. The result is available at
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/grub/branches/brltty . However compiling
is the only thing it does. I don't see how driver is supposed to be run
and used. I see the functions:
static int
brl_construct (BrailleDisplay *brl, char **parameters, const char *device);
static void
brl_destruct (BrailleDisplay *brl);
static int
brl_writeWindow (BrailleDisplay *brl, const wchar_t *text);
static int
brl_writeStatus (BrailleDisplay *brl, const unsigned char *status);
However they all are static. Am I supposed to use some linker magic to
pick them up?
brl_writeWindow ignores the text argument. Am I supposed to always use
writeStatus ?
It seems that the driver assumes that for USB devices it's assumed that
after isUsbDevice the device is equal to the USB serial. I thought of
using usb/<some id> to avoid costly scanning just to find out if a USB
device exists with given serial. Should I make isQualifiedDevice adjust
device to strip usb/ ?
What are the functions usbReapResponse and usbSetAlternative are
supposed to do?

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko