[BRLTTY] Gnome 3 and my braille display

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Mar 15 04:54:30 EDT 2012

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz <timothyhobbs at seznam.cz> wrote:
> It's a generally known problem that there are issues with orca and firefox
> right now.  I'm not sure of the status, but there was a lot of discussion of
> this on the orca list.  Unfortunately, a lot of things broke with gnome3.

The Firefox/Iceweasel issues are unrelated to Gnome 3.

At least one of them (concerning backspace in text fields) was fixed recently.
I haven't investigated whether the bug fix is included in Firefox 11, which is
available from Debian Experimental as of today.

There is another text field-related bug which I think is still undergoing
patch review, and possibly more that I am not tracking.

None of these concerns flat review or braille access, however, which are Orca
implementation issues.