[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:31:16 EDT 2012

Hello, all. Here I send an indicative patch as to which parts of brltty
don't even compile in GRUB. Additionally the files options.c and async.c
were excluded for now. Currently missing symbols:
missing async.c (it probably has to be mostly rewritten for GRUB):
asyncRelativeAlarm
No exit, so no atexit either:
atexit in braille_core is not defined
Missing shared loading wrappers:
findSharedSymbol in braille_core is not defined
loadSharedObject in braille_core is not defined
unloadSharedObject in braille_core is not defined
GRUB has no getopt, instead options are preparsed by GRUB, a bit similar
to argp:
processOptions in braille_core is not defined

GRUB has two possible clock sources: pretty exact one from arbitrary
point in the past or daytime with precision of seconds but no datetime
with precision up to milliseconds:
gettimeofday in braille_core is not defined
Misc:
usbForgetDevices in braille_core is not defined

Parts #if 0-out'ed due to:
-Lack of users (well there is a auth subsystem but there is no concept
"running under user")
-No float/double
-No exit
-No signals
-No writing support
-No freopen
-No cwd concept
-No pipes
-No executables

Other changes:
- Other directory organisation
- GRUB has no "access". Best way to check that file exists is try to
open it. So I changed "check-open" into "open-check"
-Add missing const qualifiers
-Fix format security

--
Regards