[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 22 14:20:53 EDT 2012

How do you prepare brltty for compilation? Do you use its configure script?

async should now be okay (now meaning the latest development code). If neither
poll() nor select() is available, it leaves out all of the I/O monitoring stuff
except that asyncRead() and asyncWrite() report ENOSYS (function not
supported). The alarm stuff still works, though.

Does grub have nanosleep()? If not, what's the best way to delay for a known
small amount of time?

Can you tell me which gcc options to specify, including getting it to point to
the right set of headers, so that I can compile for a grub environment without
using the actual grub build system? That, for me, would probably be the
easiest.

I intend to go through all of the code to remove all of those warnings which
you've had to suppress for the time being. How easy is it for you to
incorporate new brltty revisions as they're committed to our repository?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html