[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:16:08 EDT 2012

On 22.03.2012 19:57, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Do you already have a #define which we can use to detect that we're building
> within the grub environment?
No. But I can easily add GRUB_RUNTIME variable for this.
> What should we include to pick up the definition for grub_millisleep(), and do
> any other headers need to be included before it?
#include <grub/time.h>

> Does grub_millisleep() take exactly one parameter (the number of milliseconds
> to delay for)?
Yes. You can see example in the indicative patch I've supplied.

> Have you had to make any changes to our prologue.h?
No. Every change made to your code was in the indicative patch.
> The most important thing we currently use input monitoring for is to wait for
> input to become available on a file descriptor. Does grub have a way to do
> that?
What kind of file descriptor? GRUB doens't have a philosophy of
"everything is file".
User input is async as well. USB bus is async. Serial is sync but can be
changed to async if needed.
Regular files are read-only.

--
Regards