[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:31:16 EDT 2012

On 23.03.2012 20:44, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, le Fri 23 Mar 2012 20:37:05 +0100, a écrit :
>>> I can add this to our autoconf. Not that it'll ever be missing for us, of
>>> course, but it'll give you a #define to set in your copy of our config.h.
>>>
>> If it helps we have setjmp/longjmp, I could actually create a kind of
>> simulated exit and atexit but I'm not sure how to handle the background part
>> of brltty part for this. Perhaps we could make exit execute atexit and go to
>> the point brlConstruct/brlUpdate was called from. This would also require
>> having a list of brltty memory allocations and USB transfers but can be
>> done. Should I?
> I don't think it's worth the pain: in normal conditions, brltty is
> not supposed to exit.  Actually I can see use of exit() on brltty
> --help/--version or option error (OT here), init emulation (OT), pid
> conflict (OT),
Could these ones be changed to return?
>   background error (OT),
What is this?
>   and no memory error.
Is brltty able to recover from out-of-memory without exiting? I think it
should since if it exits the person would lose the console altogether
and usually it's possible to continue with just a minor hiccup
> Samuel

Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko