[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:57:35 EDT 2012

On 30.03.2012 01:45, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko on 2012/03/30 at 01:00 +0200]
>
>> They are in grub-core/lib/posix-wrap/include. They aren't properly
>> speaking GRUB header, more of compatibility header.
> In my copy (downloaded with bzr), they seem to be right in posix_wrap. There
> doesn't seem to be a posix_wrap/include.
I've moved it in brl branch since I needed to add few .c into posix
layer. Please use brl branch.
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/branches/brltty/
> Perhaps I can fake a reasonably accurate grub compile environment. I just need
> to figure out how to tell gcc not to look in /usr/include.
-ffreestanding -nostdlib -nostdinc

>>>  I think it'd be best if
>>> we don't try to do any keyboard monitoring in grub.
>> What is keyboard monitoring and how it works?
> Brltty supports the ability (only on Linux, so far) to intercept keyboard key
> events (press, release) and is able to bind keyboard key combinations to brltty
> commands. Any key events which result in something that hasn't been bound to a
> brltty command are passed through to the system for normal processing.
I can hookup brltty as a "filter" into grub_getkey_noblock.
>>> I'm curious: In grub_serial_port, why is it "*next" but "**prev"?
>> All available serial ports are in double-linked list.
> Ys, I understand that. What I'm asking is why *next (one asterisk) but **prev
> (two asterisks)?
A small optimisation to double-linked list. prev points to &next or to
&head.
0
>> usb<number>,
> What's the number here? Is it related to the bus number and/or the device
> address, or is it something else?
They are just sequential number. Do you need a more stable alias?
>> port<I/O address>
> This would again be for a serial port?
Yes
> Are these something like "port" followed by three hex digits?
3 or 4 usually. They appear the moment you call grub_serial_find
("portXXXX");

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko