[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu May 3 07:49:31 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/03 at 11:01 +0200]

>I found an issue with the deletion of letters. When writing "world" and III
>begin deleting the word from the beginning, it says:
>w o r l <space>
>Is this expected?

No, that's wrong. It should say d. I'll fix it.

>BRLTTY also says now always "space" here. Does BRLTTY have localisation support
>and if yes, how can I activate it, is this done during build time?

It does, but this is probably a new word which our fearless translators haven't
done yet. Also, I'm not sure what your language is. We only have translations
for German and French so far.

To install the localization files, you additionally need to do make
install-messages.

>I also think that the speech cursor should not "overrule" the system cursor.
>Tat means if I decide to have a blinking underline-cursor as system cursor and
>a non-blinking speech-cursor as speech cursor and they are on the same position,
>I'd like to see only the system cursor, since this one is relevant.

This one is now fixed.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html