[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Mon May 7 06:13:37 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 06.05.2012, 23:15 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/06 at 20:47 +0200]
>
>>>I think "cap" sounds better, but a translator might think it means a small hat.
>>Maybe you should document that somewhere. But I agree, cap is shorter.
>
>But wehre? Ideally, it'd be somewhere obvious to the translator. Hopefully
>tehre's a way to add a comment in the source, right next to the word or phrase,
I guess you're using gettext. I take a look at wikipedia, since I'm not a C
programmer:
===
printf(_("My name is %s.\n"), my_name);

Comments (starting with ///) placed directly before strings thus marked are made available
as hints to translators by helper programs.
===
Would that work?

Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: