[BRLTTY] Submenus.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 7 23:19:51 EDT 2012

I think personalization is a good thing, but adding all of the recent speech
settings, in my opinion, made the preferences menu become too large for those
who don't use speech. This finally convinced me that the concept of submenus
should be introduced. As a test of this concept, all of the speech settings are
now in a submenu. Please give it a try and let me know if the submenu
implementation fails in some way and/or can be improved.

You'll notice, when you're on "Speech Settings", that there's a
right-pointing arrow "--->". That means you're on a submenu which hasn't yet
been opened. When you're in the submenu, you'll notice that the first item says
"Speech Settings" with a left-pointing arrow "<---". This is how you close the
submenu and go back to the higher level.

My first question: Are these two arrows okay, should different symbols be used,
should words be used, etc?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html