[BRLTTY] reading Japanese characters using BRLTTY

Florian-achtige florianbeijers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:05:14 EST 2012

Hello,

I currently am using brltty 4.2 and attempting to get it to read
Japanese characters. I have tried setting the contraction table to
japanese while leaving the text and attrib tables alone. I have
six-dot mode enabled and Orca has contracted braille enabled. Yet I
only see unicode numbers and no characters. What am I missing?
To help test, I will provide a Japanese sentence below:こんいちわ みんあ    なまえ は
ふろりあ です

Please tell me if there's anyone who has experience with this kind of
thing, or perhaps something else I can try.

Thanks,
Florian