[BRLTTY] ./configure command line

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 22 09:04:10 EST 2012

[quoted lines by Joakim Nordell on 2012/11/22 at 14:21 +0100]

>I will change my Braille display at work to a Papenmeier Braillex EL 80C.
>I wonder how the ./configure command line should look like.
>I did not get brltty up and running with the folowing command line:
>./configure --with-text-table=de --with-braille-driver=pm
>--with-screen-driver=lx

You shouldn't need any options whcn configuring. The defaults have been
designed to work for most cases. Anything which needs to be specifieid would be
better done in /etc/brltty.conf.

>I am a bit unsure on how to use the option --with-braille-device=. Is
>it needed at this stage?
>Brltty was started, but no reaction on the USB connected display.

Are you using release 4.4 or 4.3? There's a problem in 4.3 which impacts
Papenmeier devices connected via USB. Please, therefore, ensure that you're
using 4.4.

>What about the bindings to java, python and OCaml. Can I skip them or
>what will be the consequences?

You shouldn't need to worry about them.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html