[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patch: Preen and Preedit; but what about Preed?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 16:16:00 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

I'm sure that preen should use the en sign and preedit the ed sign. But
according to the dictionary there's a word, both a noun and verb, in north
England and Scotland: "to pree." It means to test or sample. Thus,
"Yesterday I preed that new cereal." Is this proper usage and shouldn't it
use the ed sign too?

Have fun,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll