[BRLTTY] libusb-win32 on Cygwin

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 21:04:31 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Since moving to Windows 7 about a month ago I've been using Jaws braille to
read the Cygwin window. It's not horrible but certainly nowhere near as good
as brltty. I downloaded libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0. I ran the inf wizard
tonight and selected the PAC Mate display. The driver was installed.

But unfortunately it prevents Jaws from accessing the device for non-Cygwin
windows. I was able to use Device Manager to roll back the driver to the
previous version and Jaws works again.

Does anybody have any experience in using the PAC Mate display, or any other
USB display for that matter, and sharing it between brltty in Cygwin and
another screen reader for Windows? I used to do it on XP with few problems.
Even on Vista it worked fairly well. But Windows 7 (64-bit if that makes a
difference) appears to be a different animal.

Thanks for any suggestions,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll