[BRLTTY] Getting my braille driver for the FCHAD working.

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Oct 18 14:48:36 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 08:37:04PM +0200, timothyhobbs at seznam.cz wrote:
> Things are going pretty well in the development.  I can now send and receive
> frames and process them correctly.  One question.  I have to figure out if
> the user is left handed or right handed.  This is not yet defined by the
> standard that I wrote.  There are several options:  brltty could provide
> this information, and this information could be global to brltty.  My driver
> could take a special parameter or save a special settings file to the users
> home directory.  This information could be stored on the device.  What do
> you recommend?
What's your use-case? Need it be automatic?

Since you're designing the device and firmware as well, you could make
it user-cnfigurable on the device, and then it could be passed as a
parameter to the driver along with model ID, cell count, and so forth in
the handshake.

OTOH, if it's just a matter of using different key-bindings, you could
just write alternate kti files.

Cheers,
S.M.