[BRLTTY] Getting my braille driver for the FCHAD working.

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 18 15:05:28 EDT 2012

Well I know I could.  But I'm not sure if I should.  The reason I need to
know is that I have a row of touch sensors, and I need to be able to figure
out which sensor is being touched.  Imagine you have sensors 1 2 3 4 5 6 and
2 3 and 5 are being triggered.  If you know that the user is using their
right hand, then you are able to guess that they mean to touch 2.  If they
are using their left hand however, then they are probably trying to touch
sensor 5.  I want it to be easy for the user to choose which hand to use and
to switch hands which makes a cli argument to the driver seem appealing.
Perhaps if I make it so you change the handedness by sending an argument to
brltty when you start it, and then the device will save that setting and
keep it until it gets changed again.  But then again, I realise that the
blind users of this device aren't going to have a very easy time sending CLI
arguments to brltty and restarting brltty when they need brltty to interface
with the computer.  I mean I could add a physical switch to the device :)
Would you like that?

Timothy