[BRLTTY] Getting my braille driver for the FCHAD working.

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 18 15:21:18 EDT 2012

OK.  I'm happy to see that the CLI arguments are combined with a config file
value so I won't have to create my own cofig files for now.

It seems like you still haven't comprehended my device.  It's really a
simple device.  I presume that you are reading this message with an 80 cell
display.  So as you read you run your hand along the characters and feel
them.  Imagine you only had one cell in your display.  At either the far
right or the far left, but you had 80 touch sensors.  As your finger moved
along those touch sensors, the character displayed by that one cell would
change.  Now that in and of itself wouldn't make a very good display. After
all if your finger is over a cell but doesn't move it's hard to feel what
that character is.  So I made a very large cell.  It's actually the size of
your whole hand.  Either your left or right hand rests upon that large cell,
and your other hand moves along the sensors to select the character you wish
to read.  I know that you're probably (rightfully) suspicious of such a
display, but I have a working prototype and I CAN read text on it. When I am
done with my improved prototype I will be able to actually show whether this
works or is a dead end.

Timothy