[BRLTTY] I have installed brltty on Mountain Lion!

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:40:34 EDT 2012

This evening i got to going through the errors in the compile of brltty
and realized that the first one had to do with midi support. So I disabled
midi support and tried again. This time I could see that i needed to
disable icu (I know there's something to install for that and i'm pretty
sure I found it before) so for now I disabled icu. On running "make"
again, I realized that I needed to disable api and after this i
successfully installed. I built screen after running both patches in the
Patches directory. I now have a running installation of the latest
subversion edition of brltty. Really, the instructions I wrote out for
doing this after Dave first got it to work on the Mac still pretty much
hold. My configure line again was:

./configure --disable-midi-support --disable-icu --disable-api

Very satisfying to have this figured out; I have no idea why it took so
long for this to click for me!

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth