[BRLTTY] I have installed brltty on Mountain Lion!

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Oct 24 03:31:56 EDT 2012

Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak at gmail.com> wrote:

> This evening i got to going through the errors in the compile of
> brltty and realized that the first one had to do with midi support.
> So I disabled midi support and tried again. This time I could see
> that i needed to disable icu (I know there's something to install
> for that and i'm pretty sure I found it before) so for now I
> disabled icu. On running "make" again, I realized that I needed to
> disable api and after this i successfully installed. I built screen
> after running both patches in the Patches directory. I now have a
> running installation of the latest subversion edition of brltty.

ICU is the Unicode and internationalization support. It might be worth
installing the ICU library and header files, then compiling BRLTTY again with
it included.
> Really, the instructions I wrote out for doing this after Dave first
> got it to work on the Mac still pretty much hold.

MacOS is rarely discussed on the list, so I suppose it is seldom tested with
BRLTTY. That's probably because (according to what I have read), it has its
own braille display support.