[BRLTTY] Python 3 brlapi?

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 17:38:31 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 08:43:31PM EST, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Hammer Attila on 2012/10/25 at 09:07 +0200]
>
> >or the Python3 binding of brlapi module not full ready yet with Brltty side?
>
> BrlAPI's Python bindings, by default, are compiled for Python 2. Since Cython
> is now used, they should compile for Python 3, but whether or not it actually
> works hasn't yet been reported back to us.

It does work, Ubuntu 12.10 is using it. The reason I haven't sent anything upstream is that the solution I am using for the Ubuntu packaging is a bit of a hack, and if I was upstream, I wouldn't accept it.

I need to take some time to clean it up and once I do I will send it along, since various forces are gathering to push GNOME towards python 3 this cycle, and given brltty is an external dependency...

Luke