[BRLTTY] Accessing brlAPI from Client Application in Windows Environment

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 2 22:37:01 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2013/08/02 at 18:14 -0500]

>Error
>------
>
>async.c:299:18: warning: unused variable 'function' [-Wunused-variable]

This is a consequence of having commented out the call to CancelIoEx(). There's
no need to worry about it.

>datafile.build.o: In function `parseDataString':
>C:\Users\ssamuel\AppData\Local\Temp\brltty-mkwin\build\Programs/datafile.c:548:
>undefined reference to `getCharacterByName'

This is because you're using an out-of-date make file. Either you took your
copy one revision too early or you didn't reconfigure.

>2)  In current mingw environment that I have i do not have Java/Python/Tcl
>etc, which I assume it is not required for my work.

If I'm recalling correctly, you're using BrlAPI from C. If so, you don't need
those.

>It was giving some warning during compile
>./braille.c:47:2: warning: #warning curses package either unspecified or
>unsuppo
>rted [-Wcpp]

That's just informative. It won't impact your case.

>3) Most importantly currently I am stuck at
>cp "$SYSTEMROOT/system32/msvcr100.dll" "${installRoot}/bin"
>(cd "${installRoot}/lib" ; lib /def:brlapi.def /name:brlapi-0.5.dll
>/out:brlapi.
>lib )
>./mkwin: line 204: lib: command not found
>
>I could not find   quickly how to get lib.exe (?) in mingw.
>I have Visual Studio 2010 installed. Is lib.exe is related to that? But
>again I did not find any lib.exe in my system.

I myself can't help you with this one as I'm not really a Windows person.

>4)
>When it execute this
>"${autohotkey}/Compiler/Ahk2Exe.exe" /in brlttycnf.ahk /out brlttycnf.exe
>
>I get  a POPUP message box with OK /Cancel option. I selected OK . Is
>itfine
>Ak2Exe.exe/in infile.ahk[/out outfile.exe][/icon iconfile.ico][/bin
>AutoHotKeySC.bin]

Again, I myself can't help you with this one.