[BRLTTY] Anybody feel like getting brltty to compile under Cygwin?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 4 15:14:18 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

For the past several years brltty could be compiled on Cygwin but only under
gcc3. There was a script whose name was something like set-gcc-default-3.sh
which used Alternatives to set up the gcc3 environment.

Brltty has never worked under Cygwin's gcc4. They've been trying to
implement gcc4 for quite some time. It appears that they now believe gcc4 is
correct because gcc3 has disappeared from my system. I can't find its
Alternative scripts so it seems that these too have gone. I tried using
Cygwin setup to install obsolete versions but it didn't give me gcc3.

I haven't studied C since the mid-'70s and am not ambitious enough to learn
the whole thing over again. I love Cygwin though and have it set up to look
as nearly like a Linux system as possible. Would any of you hackers like to
see if you can figure out how to get brltty to work under their gcc4? I
don't hold out much hope since, if I'm not interested, I doubt anybody else
is either; but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll