[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Fri Dec 13 12:51:26 EST 2013

Hello Dave,

I've compiled the latest Brltty a few hours ago and now face a serious problem:
I use a SuperVario 40 USB braille device from Baum and Debian Wheezy. My Brltty.conf file:
braille-driver bm
braille-device usb:

I could start the new version without problems and at first all worked well. But after a few
minutes, maybe a half hour I get no reaction from the braille device keys. This involves both the
function and the routing keys. But the text is still displayed so I can use the device for
reading but I can't use it for navigating any longer. The only solution for this problem is a
restart of Brltty. After that the braille device acts normal again. Maybe a problem related to your
power saving code changes?

And only an observation: The start of Brltty and especially the loading of the braille device takes
slightly longer now.

Please let me know, if you need more data for debugging.

Cheers
Eric