[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Dec 13 13:32:55 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2013/12/13 at 18:51 +0100]

>I could start the new version without problems and at first all worked well. But after a few
>minutes, maybe a half hour I get no reaction from the braille device keys. This involves both the
>function and the routing keys. But the text is still displayed so I can use the device for
>reading but I can't use it for navigating any longer. The only solution for this problem is a
>restart of Brltty. After that the braille device acts normal again. Maybe a problem related to your
>power saving code changes?

Thank you. Which revision did you build. We made a fix late last night (my
time) which may deal with that. The fix is in revision 8232, so if you're using
a revision earlier than that then could you please update to the latest
revision, rebuild, and try again?

If it continues to happen then I'd appreicate a debug log. To create it, please
add the following two command line options:

   -L/path/to/logfile  (this -L is uppercase)
   -lusb,ingio,inpkts,brlkeys  (this -l is lowercase)

Then, try to figure out, as closely as possible according to your computer's
clock, what time the problem begins at.

To send us your log file, just attach it to a message to this list.