[BRLTTY] mingw built brltty can't find foreground if run as service

Sebok Máté msebok at aitia.ai
Tue Jul 9 06:11:33 EDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to test some driver communication with a serial/terminal
loopback device (hacked into the skeleton driver) but I have troubles
running it as a windows' service. In the output terminal it only prints:
"BRLTTY 4.4 rev 5477
no foreground window"

Interestingly enough, if I run the program regularly or by run-debug, it
works nicely.

For testing I have installed a windows binary setup and replaced the exe's
and the brlapi-0.5.dll in the BRLTTY\bin directory and altered the
etc\brltty.conf to use my driver.

Can you tell me, what have I missed?

Thanks!

-Máté