[BRLTTY] Configuring XW driver and AS screen driver related error for Simulation

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:54:26 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have the following two messages[1][2] related to dbus/spi registry.

[1] Message: 2
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:45:14 +0200
From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>
To: "Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY."
        <brltty at mielke.cc>
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Configuring XW driver and AS screen driver
        related error for Simulation (latest)

>>>sudo -E  ./configure --with-braille-driver=xw,-all
>>>--with-screen-driver=a2,-all --with-speech-driver=-all

>>>brltty -b xw -x a2  -A auth=none -B model=normal -l debug  -n -e  getting

>>Siju Samuel, le Fri 12 Jul 2013 15:06:38 -0500, a ?crit :
>> brltty: checking for screen driver: a2
>> brltty: initializing screen driver: a2
>> brltty: Can't get dbus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.
>>NoReply Did not
>> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
send a
>> reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout
>> expired, or the network connection was broken.

>Are you running at-spi2-registryd?

Yes.   at-spi2-registryd is running.   Please suggest.

siju at ubuntub:~$ ps -A | grep spi
 1591 ?        00:00:00 at-spi-bus-laun
 1598 ?        00:00:00 at-spi2-registr
siju at ubuntub:~$ ps -A | grep dbus
  488 ?        00:00:01 dbus-daemon
 1586 ?        00:00:00 dbus-launch
 1587 ?        00:00:02 dbus-daemon
 1595 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon

[2] Message: 3

>>That being said, again: what do you actually want to do? If you only
>>want to use BrlAPI, there is absolutely *NO* need to get the AtSPI2
>>driver running, you only need to run brltty with -b xw to get a braille
>>terminal, and using -x no to disable any screen reading will be
>>completely fine.

Yes for now  I am interested only in BrlApi and  it is enough  to use -b xw
-x no.
I could get some basic sample program based on programs/apitest running. It
it is a simple  error, then would like to resolve the above issue.

thanks,
Siju Samuel