[BRLTTY] Running BRLTTY on Raspberry-Pi

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Mar 14 16:04:02 EDT 2013

Hello Christopher,

Christopher Emery schrieb am 14.03.2013, 13:38 -0400:
>I am wondering has anyone been able to get BRLTTY to run on a R-Pi?  If so
Yes, what exactly do you want to know? Just install the package:
# apt-get install brltty
(and maybe brltty-espeak).

Regarding the eSpeak driver, it's not really usable. AFAIK speech has been moved
to an own thread in newer versions of BRLTTY, but in this older version, the
input hangs when speech is active. This results in every key appearing twice or
tree-times.  But you can try speech dispatcher or a newer version of BRLTTY from
source.

>do you mind sharing how you did this please.  I am running the Raspbian
>Wheezy (latest version)
Which problems do you experience? How far have you worked on the system, e. g.
have you activated the on-board ssh server?

Best
Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: