[BRLTTY] Another request for a new stable release with Python 3

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 20 22:23:39 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Joanmarie Diggs on 2013/03/20 at 17:37 -0400]

>Fortunately, if we can get a stable Python 3 based brltty and brlapi, we
>should be able to have both the new Orca features and continued braille
>support. So as much as I hate to be a noodge.... Can y'all please,
>please do a release so the Fedora packagers can move forward on this?

I understand. It's been my intention to release 4.5 for a while, now. As you
may be aware, being as you do follow this list, I've been waiting for exactly
one change (to Papenmeier USB) to be tested. Unfortunately, that hasn't
happened yet. I'm hoping to find another way to have it tested as soon as
possible.

To that end: Could someone who's reading this thread, has a Papenmeier device
which can communicate via USB, and knows how to build brltty from its source
repository, please verify that your device works with the latest development
code?