[BRLTTY] compiling new driver

ZSIAK Gergo Pal gzsiak at aitia.ai
Thu Mar 21 11:33:21 EDT 2013

Hi Dave!

Thanks for you suggestion, after installing tclsh on MSYS, compilation works like a charm!

Now the driver is just a very simple one, it opens a logfile when brl_contruct is called, and at that time writes a message to the file. Furthermore, it should write a log message on every call of brl_writeWindow.
The testing is the following:
* start brltty with specifiyng my driver with -d parameter,
* start nvda,
* set currently used Braille display to brltty.

The strange effects are:
* The log file is created, and based on date, it is modified often, but there aren't any messages.
* In the windows log there are error messages, like:
** freopen[stdin] error 2: No such file or directory.
** freopen[stdout] error 2: No such file or directory.
** freopen[stderr] error 2: No such file or directory.
** CreateNamedPipe error 5: Access denied.

Do you have any idea?
What do you think, which is the best way of testing a new driver? (at this stage I'm planning only to connect to an emulator software).

Thanks in advance,
Gergo

>I am trying to compile BRLTTY 4.4 with a new driver on Win7 using
>MSYS 1.0. I copied the Skeleton driver and changed the appropriate
>fields in the Makefile.in, then included a new line
>(BRLTTY_BRAILLE_DRIVER...) in the configure.ac. After having done
>this I ran autoconf, configure, and make. However, when make tries to
>build the new driver, it stops with errors like DRIVER_COMMENT is
>undeclared. The interesting thing is that the gcc is called with a
>parameterization which is different from the parameters used when
>compiling other drivers (firsst of all, -DDRIVER_COMMENT, and similar
>parameters are missing). In addition, I suppose that the
>parameterization is the same as the one used in compilation of
>sources found in Programs.
>So far I haven't found the wrong of missing step, could anyone help me?

You need to run autogen, first, before autoconf. In fact, autogen runs autoconf
for you, so just run autogen instead of autoconf.

--
ZSIÁK Gergő Pál
kutató-fejlesztő / researcher, developer