[BRLTTY] brlapi and autorepeat

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri May 31 10:08:22 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Peter Nilsson Lundblad on 2013/05/28 at 16:15 -0700]

>I am using brlapi to control a braille display and get keyboard events
>which works great.  One thing that I can't seem to get is the autorepeating
>key events that are built into brltty.  Is there a way to
>enable those events to go through using brlapi_acceptKeys or similar?

The Autorepeat feature is off by default. It needs to be enabled via the
Preferences Menu. Also, just to be thorough, the Autorepeat feature doesn't
work for braille devices which don't send separate key press and key release
events.