[BRLTTY] brlapi and autorepeat

Peter Nilsson Lundblad plundblad at google.com
Fri May 31 18:31:41 EDT 2013

Dave Mielke writes:
> [quoted lines by Peter Nilsson Lundblad on 2013/05/28 at 16:15 -0700]
>
> >I am using brlapi to control a braille display and get keyboard events
> >which works great.  One thing that I can't seem to get is the autorepeating
> >key events that are built into brltty.  Is there a way to
> >enable those events to go through using brlapi_acceptKeys or similar?
>
> The Autorepeat feature is off by default. It needs to be enabled via the
> Preferences Menu. Also, just to be thorough, the Autorepeat feature doesn't
> work for braille devices which don't send separate key press and key release
> events.

Forgot to mention that I have autorepeat enabled and a display that supports
it, so it works on the text console.  The problem is that I don't
get brltty commands when using brlapi_readKey.  It seems like the autorepeats
are filtered out by default, an dI am not able to figure out how to
enable them.  Is it possible with acceptKeyRanges, and what do the arguments
need to contain in that case?

Thanks,
//Peter